View/download the original article published on Source Security here.
Arecont Vision IP megapixel cameras have been proven around the world to meet the needs of city surveillance, traffic enforcement, police and law enforcement, corrections, military, and national/federal/state/provincial/county government agencies.
From national governments and the largest metropolitan areas in the world to the most rural communities, government agencies, and departments, all face the challenge of protecting citizens, staff, property, infrastructure, and resources within limited resources.
Government and Public Service
- Situational awareness
- Employee, citizen, event, area, and facility surveillance and protection
- Traffic monitoring and enforcement
- Surveillance of buildings, structures, walkways, sidewalks, streets, tunnels, infrastructure, bridges, railways, storage areas, and highways
- People counting and identification
- License plate recognition
- Facility access control and monitoring
- Integration with identify management/access control systems
- Video documentation and forensic recording
- Megapixel video provides outstanding video quality
- Multi-sensor megapixel cameras reduce the need for multiple individual cameras while providing superior coverage
- World-class cameras integrated with over 100 VMS/NVR platforms for integration and interoperability beyond built-in ONVIF and PSIA standards support
- Complete situational awareness for security operations
- Firmware can be securely updated remotely to support new features and capabilities both from Arecont Vision development and from VMS/NVR vendors
- Easy integration with and migration from existing systems to HD video
- Future proof with easy system expansion
- Fewer cables and cameras to install, fewer VMS/NVR licenses, and less to manage and maintain for lower installation and operational costs