View/download the original article published by Source Security here.
The retail industry suffers considerable losses each year as shrinkage due to employee theft, sweethearting, and shoplifting. It also faces pressure from on-the-spot robberies and organized retail crime, workplace violence, slip-and-fall litigation, workman’s compensation, and legislation.
Arecont Vision® IP megapixel cameras are proven around the world by retailers of all sizes, utilized in a wide range of retail locations and environments, to address these challenges.
Arecont Vision deployment examples
Arecont Vision IP megapixel single- and multi-sensor cameras are deployed in a wide range of applications to support the retail marketplace. Examples include:
- Providing complete situational awareness, with live and forensic viewing
- Video documentation for slip-and-fall, workman’s compensation, workplace violence, and litigation protection
- Loss prevention including internal fraud, theft, and sweethearting, plus external fraud, shoplifting, and organized retail crime
- Entrance – exit – POS - aisle – stock room – cafeteria/break room – loading dock monitoring
- Parking area surveillance
- License plate recognition
- Customer/staff behavior monitoring
- Workflow monitoring
- Audit programs
- Budget/business continuity
- Supply chain monitoring
Arecont Vision cameras are deployed by small retailers, convenience and liquor stores, chain stores, department stores, big-box retailers, supermarkets, shopping centers and malls, luxury goods suppliers, car dealerships, gas/petrol stations.